Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shopping: Ulta and Target

hey guys! 

Sorry I went MIA from the blog. Blogging is no joke. Didyaknowthat? 

Anyhoo, I'm still here and want to show y'all a few goodies I picked up recently. Let's start with one of my favorite places--ULTA! An Ulta opened up about 33 seconds from my apartment. Dangerous, I know. My sister-in-law and I stopped in today, to check it out. 

(we were excited)

I, of course, went immediately to my favorite part of the store: the NYX bar. I need to do a whole video and blog post about NYX products, but for now, you'll just have to trust that I love them a lot. 
I picked up a blush and lipstick. I have been hunting down this blush for forever, but it is always sold out, so I was thrilled when I saw this:



















This was, by FAR, the most well-stocked NYX bar I have ever seen in an ulta. It made my OCD heart so very happy. 

  The blush is Terra Cotta and the lipstick is Cream Beige

 Terra Cotta (L) and Cream Beige (R)


I think they're beautiful fall colors and make a great duo. The lipstick is such a nice nude color. I will be using these in a tutorial soon, so y'all will be able to see them even better! 

I also picked up another brush for contouring. In my Highlighting and Contouring video, I show what brush I use to contour. This brush is very similar, except it's a bit smaller and precise. I think it will make contouring a bit easier and a tad more controlled. It's also easier for getting around my temples and hairline.  The bristles are so soft. I love them. I already washed it, using my method that I showed in my video about washing makeup brushes, using items you probably already have in your kitchen. It should be dry and ready to go in the morning! 
Lastly, while in Target with my husband, I rummaged through the clearance section and found a few gems. I NEVER go to Target without checking the cosmetic clearance items, or all clearance sections, for that matter. You never know what you can find in there! This time, I paid $11.68 for products that normally would've been $39.00.  woot woot. I got my first Pixi products. I have never tried anything from the brand before. They are one of Target's more expensive brands, so I was thrilled to see a few things on clearance. 


I picked up a liquid, felt tip, liner pen and a volumizing mascara

I'm sure these will also be making their way into a tutorial soon, as well!

The last thing I picked up was a L'Oreal nail polish in this beautiful purple-grey color with golden flecks. I took a gajillion (that's a whole lot) photos of it, trying to capture the true color and naturally, I failed miserably. Here are the ones that sucked the least. :)
 That's right folks. $1.48. woot. 

This is with two quick coats. The color is much more of a dark grey. I love it and think it's also super perfect for fall. Or rather, for the fall I am trying to convince Florida to have. 

Thanks for reading!  Make sure you're following on my facebook page, to keep up with videos and updates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment