Monday, October 15, 2012

Queen Helen HULK and Bossypants



After reading several recommendations, I bought the Queen Helen Mint Julep Masque, or The Hulk, as I prefer to call it. 





The Queen Helen website says: "Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunate to be free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck."


I have used it three times and I LOVE IT! It has a really strong spearmint smell, which is wonderful. It tingles like crazy, right after you apply it, but it goes away. I actually enjoy that because I feel like it's getting inside my pores and going all Hulk-like on those nasty little blackheads. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I was a bit worried about it irritating it, but I had no problem. I left it on for about a half hour or less and then just used a warm washcloth, like it said on the bottle, to wipe it off. I rinsed the cloth several times as I cleaned. My skin was so soft after and I promise y'all, my pores looked smaller! I thought I was crazy, since It was my first application, but i noticed it for sure after the third. It really happened. The Hulk shrunk those suckers down! I also used it just as a spot treatment on a few pimples overnight once and I was pleased with that too. It didn't irritate my pimples or breakout areas at all. It even makes you beautiful while you wear it! 



Proof:


okay, maybe not, but it does make you look like a ninja turtle. 

I had a hard time finding the product because I read that it could be purchased at Target and Wal-Mart and that simply wasn't the case for me. I eventually found it at Walgreens for $4.99. This bottle is HUGE (8 ounces) and I think it will last quite a while, so it's definitely a good deal. Ulta also sells it for even cheaper, at $3.99. Sally's Beauty Supply also sells it for $5.49, but you get more product (12 ounces) and it is packaged in a tub, which might be an easier application. Some people said the tube was messy, but I had no problem. 



Overall: it's definitely a YES for me.



If you have a hard time relaxing for a half hour while wearing the face masque, then let me make a shameless plug for this book:

I started this last night, right after I applied the masque, and I laughed so hard, I made the mask wrinkle around my mouth! Props to Tina. This is such a hilarious book. I was trying so hard to control my laughter, since The Hubster was sleeping next to me, that just ended up doing this weird squealing/ body convulsing. There should be a warning with this thing. 

Happy Hulking and convulsing! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment